D&E Day 38

I said I needed a break, and I got one. Ask and ye shall receive, I guess. I mean it wasn’t a coincidence or anything. It was definitely planned, but a break either way. As a result, I’m not going to have too much to say for today, but we did have some new adventures! E started his day just like yesterday, on the big bed.


Since E woke up at 2:00 and 5:30, it wasn’t long before he was ready for a nap, and 30 minutes after he fell asleep, Grandma was here. I don’t know too much about what they did today, but I do know that they played with E’s toy from Aunt S.


Based on the picture, I’d say they also read, Animals on the Farmby Feodor Rojankovsky and Freight Train, by Donald Crews. It also looks like they played with the big blue elephant from Nana and Sophie the Giraffe from Grandma. Last night, E and A had storytime before E went to bed. They read, Goodnight, Goodnight, by Eve Rice.


So much reading!

While E and Grandma were up to their usual antics, I went to a breakfast meeting at work, got a haircut, and got rid of most of my beard. It won’t be long before I have to go back to work, so I had to get myself cleaned up a bit.

After Grandma left us, E and I went out to run a few errands.


First, we stopped by the UPS Store to send our defective set top box back to Verizon (D&E Day 36). Then we had to go by Target to pick up a couple of things. E an I listened to the Washington Nationals play the Miami Marlins while we were out and about. While it’s true that spring training games aren’t terribly exciting, I intend on making a baseball fan out of E.

On our way home from running errands, we stopped at they University for a walk around the lake.


While we were walking around the lake, I heard, “Now batting, the left fielder…” E and I finished our walk, and I took him to his first baseball game.


E and I watched Richmond beat up on Coppin State University for a couple of innings before, I think, E decided he was getting chilly. At least that’s how it seemed. I just noticed that this picture makes me look huge. I was pushing my stomach out to make a little seat for E. He’s getting heavy, and I need all the help I can get.

After the game, E and I headed home, and A arrived just after us.

E is now warm, fed, and happy. All in all, I’d say this was a good day!

Tonight’s Bottle: My cousin, B’s, homebrewed English Barleywine.


This was one of the beers that traveled from Indiana to Virginia. I haven’t had it yet, but if it’s as good as the other beers he’s made, then I know I’ll like it.

A Final Thought: To quote Charlie Papazian, “Relax, don’t worry, have a homebrew.”


One response to “D&E Day 38

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s