D&E Day 21

It’s 10:00, and I’m still sitting around in the clothes I slept in. Between E and work, I haven’t had time to do anything this morning. At this rate there may not be a D&E Day 21 worth writing about. E and I will try. Speaking of D&E Day 21, today marks the first day of the second half of our journey. What kind of trouble will E and I get into in the second half? We’ll see! Here goes nothing.

Weekend Recap:

We had a new development Friday/Saturday. E slept all night, in his room, by himself. E made it until about 3:45 without making a sound. Around 3:45, he started talking to himself, but he worked it out and went back to sleep. Saturday/Sunday was better, but Sunday/Monday he decided that he was up at 5:15, or so. 5:15, is about an hour before the alarm. What’s up with that? That’s part of the reason I’m still in the same clothes I slept in. Instead of getting up and getting ready for the day, I slept in while A let E help her get ready for work.

Saturday was E’s first Groundhog Day! If Punxatawney Phil is right, it will be a good year. Saturday morning we did E’s 11 week photo shoot.

DSC_0248 DSC_0251 DSC_0255 DSC_0257 DSC_0269 DSC_0274

Those are just a few.

Saturday afternoon E had some visitors. Not only did Grandma come by, but K, K, Grandma R, and GGH all came to visit and to meet E. We are hoping to meet the rest of the B family soon (we missed you B, E, J, P, and B!) I explained to E, that the B family has been immensely important to me for going on 3 decades now, and I know that they will be the same for him too.

IMG_1504 IMG_1503 IMG_1498

That evening we ate Whole Foods pizza (so good!) with Grandma and then we went to bed.

Sunday marked another first for E – E’s first Super Bowl! A and I don’t really do football, but we always seem to watch this game. It’s an excuse to drink a few beers and eat food that is, undoubtedly, terrible for us. Before any of that happened, E, A, and I ventured out in the snow (very light, but notable) to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts to see the Chihuly exhibit one more time before it goes.

Here’s E ready all ready to go:

IMG_1507 DSC_0327 DSC_0324

We had to wait about an hour before we could go into the exhibit, so we walked around the museum.

IMG_1509 IMG_1508

Then our time came, and we were off to the exhibit!

IMG_1511 DSC_0353 DSC_0348 DSC_0347 DSC_0346 DSC_0339 DSC_0330

Sunday night we watched the Puppy Bowl for a few minutes, the entirety of the Super Bowl, and we went to bed. For the record, no, we weren’t terribly excited by any of the commercials.

That brings us to Monday, and I’ve already given you all of the essentials to this point. This is what I found when I got up this morning:


He was sitting in his little chair conversing with the small yellow bug that dangles from above.

I did most of my Monday work, which I need to start doing on Sunday, and this is what I have now:


I hope that today offers something worth remarking on, or you may not come back for Day 22.

That boy is still asleep. The last hour of Morning Edition put him out, and Classical has, no doubt, helped him stay that way.

I’ve made up his bottle, so I’m ready for his imminent awakening.

He was telling me that he was hungry, but he just played with his bottle.

He finally ate.

After E had lunch, he was nice enough to let me have lunch. I told him that if he let me eat my lunch, I would teach him about oranges. He seemed to think this was a fair trade.


He stole my orange!


That’s the last time I make a deal with him.

After lunch, E worked on holding his head up for a few minutes. He’s getting better.


He seemed to be in pretty good spirits, so E and I had storytime. Today, we picked Madeline’s Rescue by Ludwig Bemelmans.


Either E didn’t care for this book, or he’s tired again. Either way, he started screaming on the 3rd page and did the same for most of the rest of the book. I tried putting him down for his afternoon nap; it seemed a bit early, but he’s out. How about that?

E spent some time on the big bed while I got ready to go to a meeting at work, and yes, he’s coming with me.


E woke up and we piled in the car to go by work. I had a meeting at 3:00, and E slept through the whole thing, thankfully. After the meeting, E got to visit with the folks in my office while I finished up a few things. It seemed to me that he just sat there and smiled at everyone. He’s very smiley.

When we got home he wasn’t smiling. We squeezed in a little tummy time before A got home from work. He was not pleased.


I got him calmed down just in time for him to get upset about being hungry. Fortunately, A was home shortly after that and she was able to fix the problem.

E is smelly. Good thing it’s bath night!

Tonight’s Bottle: Left Hand Brewing Co. Milk Stout Nitro


Again, I haven’t had this one before, so I don’t know what to expect. However, I have heard some very good things.

A Final Thought: You shouldn’t take your baby to a work meeting unless he ‘s wearing a little suit and tie. That would be funny.


3 responses to “D&E Day 21

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s