D&E Day 6

In case you haven’t figured it out, I’m taking the weekends off. However, it’s Monday again and E and I are back. First, a quick summary of our weekend:


As you can see, we broke out the real camera over the weekend – no iPhone photos. Saturday, was mostly running errands. However, Saturday night we had some friends  over for dinner. They are in a band, Lobo Marino, and they’re touring the globe most of the time. Whenever they’re in town, we do our best to make sure we catch up with them. If you look closely, you might recognize the person that played drums on the Keep Your Head Up album. They were excited to meet E for the first time, but really, who isn’t?

Sunday, A and I went and grabbed lunch at Ellwood Thompson’s, another one of our excellent local natural grocery stores, while E kept grandma company. When grandma left, one of A’s coworkers stopped by for a visit. As I said, everyone wants to meet E! Our house seems to be a hot destination! Yesterday afternoon was too nice to not get outside, so we took a walk and more pictures.



One more.


Now, back to today, Monday. It’s going to be a good day; I can feel it in my bones. However, while it might be a good day, it’s definitely going to be a rainy day.

Anyway you look at it, we’re off to a good start. We seem to have a bit of a routine now; E eats and then sleeps for a an hour or so. While he sleeps I get through some work business and eat. It’s a very symbiotic relationship.

Rumor has it that we have a special mystery visitor coming today. I told E that he needed to rest up for this visitor, so I think he’s going to nap a little extra. I think A may have told him who was coming, but I’m keeping it a surprise. Though, I suppose, most things are a surprise to someone who thinks the world has disappeared when you cover up his eyes.

E woke up before I could finish what I was doing, so I put him to work.


Before I move ahead any further, I wanted to share another little bit from the weekend. E had started to fall asleep on me, and in an ongoing effort to get him to sleep in his crib, I put him down in his crib. E helped me reenact this scene today.

So, this is only a recreation, not the real thing – the names have been changed blah blah blah…you get the idea. I put him down facing this direction:


He was talking up a storm at first, but then things got quiet. I went back to check on him and I found him like this:


I haven’t figured it out yet, but based on the wrinkles in the sheets he managed to, somehow, rotate himself all the way around. He’s so smart. End scene.

E just finished bottle #1, and he’s out.


Our mystery visitor has arrived! It’s…


Grandma! Grandma came down, again, today to hang out with E while I, again, go to the dentist. This is my rescheduled cleaning appointment finally coming to fruition. Of course this won’t be my last dentist appointment this month, as I will have to force myself to go back for my permanent crown. E seems to be making this quite easy for Grandma.


Seriously, they are just making this way too easy on Grandma. I enjoy this picture very much.


Nap time for all!

I’m back from the dentist and my mission to procure a coffee grinder. All is right with the world. It really has become quite the dreary day here. E had a great day with his grandma! It appears that they read 2 books.


There seems to have also been some quality time spent on the play mat.


While on the play mat, today, E learned a new trick. He started in this position:


He ended up like this:


E is such a smart boy.

When I returned home, the internet and TV were both out. I was worried that I wasn’t going to be able to post today. To my surprise (HUGE surprise), Verizon was very helpful and prompt in fixing the problem. The guy on the phone (the first person I talked to – I usually get transferred 12 times when I call Verizon) said it would be between 2:30-8:00. The technician called me 15 minutes later and he showed up 15 minutes after that. He had diagnosed the problem, replaced the box on the outside of the house, and left less than an hour after my initial call. So, D&E Day 6 is brought to you by Verizon FIOS, unofficially of course. Granted, all of these posts are brought to you by Verizon FIOS in one way or another, I suppose.

E has been fed, and he’s drifted off to sleep. A will be home any minute, and that concludes our day!

Tonight’s bottle:

Allagash Black. “Allagash Black is a Belgian style stout brewed with 2 Row barley, torrified wheat, oats, both roasted and chocolate malt and a generous portion of dark caramelized candi sugar. The silky mouth feel is a great balance to the roasted character, coffee and dark chocolate notes expressed throughout this beer.” This is another new one for me; I’m excited! Allagash is a wonderful brewery in Portland, ME. A and I visited Allagash in 2011 with her dad and her brother. Allagash bottle-conditions all of their beers, and they specialize in unique takes on Belgian-style beers.


A final thought: Why do we feel the need to make sure we brush our teeth before we go to the dentist for a cleaning? The dentist will know if that’s the first time you’ve brushed since your last visit. I’m guilty of this. I always brush right before I go to the dentist…before I go to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. It seems kind of repetitive.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s